The governing body of the Colorado Foundation for Agriculture is the board of directors, which has the authority and is responsible for the supervision, control, and direction of the CFA. A non-voting advisory board helps guide the board of directors on the development of resources, programs, and materials.
Meet the Board
Colorado Agriculture in the Classroom is governed by a three- to nine-member voting board of directors. Members of the board of directors serve three-year terms and may be re-elected for a second term. A non-voting advisory board of up to 12 members guide the board of directors and staff on the development of resources and programs. Advisory board members serve one-year terms, for any successive terms to which they desire to serve.
2023-2024 Board of Directors
Colorado City, CO
Contact the President
Monte Vista, CO
Wheat Ridge, CO
2023-2024 Advisory Board
Fort Collins, CO
Del Norte, CO
Grand Junction, CO
Fort Morgan, CO
Fort Collins, CO
Board of Directors
CFA is governed by a three- to nine-member voting board of directors. Members of the CFA Board of Directors serve three-year terms and may be re-elected for a second term. Former directors may be re-elected after remaining off of the board for a minimum of one year.
A non-voting advisory board of up to 12 members guide the board of directors on the development of resources and programs. Advisory board members are comprised of representatives of agricultural producers, agricultural vendors, conservation and environment organizations, and interested parties for the purpose of maintaining a holistic balance. Advisory board members serve one-year terms, for any successive terms to which they desire to serve.
Meeting frequency and time dedication
The board of directors and advisory board hold joint, quarterly, day-long meetings, during the months of August; November, which is also the annual meeting; February; and May. These quarterly meetings typically begin at 10:00 a.m. and conclude in the early afternoon. They are generally held in-person, under normal circumstances, in various locations in Colorado (currently typically on the Front Range). A simultaneous virtual meeting attendance option is available when feasible. Committee meetings (1-2 hours per meeting) are held virtually, prior to the regular quarterly meetings. Some travel may be required.
- Actively promote the mission of the Colorado Foundation for Agriculture
- Attend CFA Board of Directors/Advisory Board meetings (4, day-long meetings per year)
- Serve on CFA committees and attend committee meetings (1-2 hours per meeting, held prior to regular quarterly meetings)
- Participate in the fundraising for the Foundation
- Take part in activities of the Foundation
- Participate in training and planning sessions of the Foundation
- Represent CFA at various agricultural, commodity, civic, and educational organizations
- CFA Board of Directors and Advisory Board members serve voluntarily
- Financial/Fundraising Committee
- Classroom Education Committee
- Professional Development Committee
- Governance Committee
- Awards and Educator Opportunities Committee
- Communications and Outreach Committee
- Officer Nominating Committee (Advisory board members)